[ sometimes I can hold my tongue
sometimes not ]
|
[ sometimes I can hold my tongue sometimes not ]
I read: |
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of: friends and family (and where the lines blur) poetry the bay area dance (for life and always) eating constantly party time (excellent!) retail therapy olympic level procrastination wandering in libraries sleeping at odd hours emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved. "Progression"
As a
repeated chest pelting
supposition
early onset dementia
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Horizon line
Testament not old not new
Ampersand
Technology etching That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled" tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
"Chicken Chow Mein" Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
Archives
Text credits: Tori Amos Recent posts:
Monthly 411:
Friday, July 29, 2005
Alright! first of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIELLE!!! woot! 26 girlfriend! Party!and Cyndi's friend Candy had a little baby boy...he's SO adorable! Congrats! I had such a fabbity fab fab time at Alison's on my birthday, we always do when we just hag out cause we are such crazy bitches! I cannot express that enough! And then i ate some french fries and didn't even feel bad...it was nice. honestly. So, these are the presents I got (from memory) The Parent Trap and Baby's Day Out movies CD's - Sheryl Crow, Tales of a Librarian (SCORE!), Alexandra Slate (the song Bad Girl kicks ASS and was on www.krisnreine.com with a Lena video, which is how I heard of her), and...um...*checks* I remember! Baduizm - Erykah Badu. aww yeah. Books: A Goddess is a Girl's Best Friend (BEST BOOK EVER! Everyone needs to read this! and Tori actually makes more sense now. the Piece by Piece book, anyway. The Goddesses are more about the sisterhood than religion, and I am SO going to embrace this.), Straight Talking and Jemina J (Jane Green) Then mom got me two pairs of jeans, some gold chain braclets, and $25 gift certificates for Michael's and Barnes and Noble (AWW YEAH!) And dad gave me 20 bucks, taylor gave me back the 20 I gave her, and Grandma gave me 50 but mom put it in the bank. I was like the HELL! Ain't gonna buy no shoes in the bank! Alison got me a Marks and Spencer bag (DUDE!), shortbread from Ireland, and a keychain that she hasn't found yet from London. Anna got me a lip gloss and eyeshadow weeks ago, cause she's in Hawaii now. And I think that's it! But it was pretty fucking fabulous! Yesterday, i was sitting on my bed eating a turkey burger and one of those feed the children commercials came on, and there's this home for orphan babies, and it was the SADDEST thing. Cause babies are juts SO innocent, they don't deserve to be orphans or have AIDS or be starving, and they ARE. and it's just SO terrible. i broke down crying because I was bitching to my mom to get dinner ready faster cause I was hungry...i don't fucking KNOW hungry. I've never gone more than a day without eating. It's not like them. So we've gotta think people. We've gotta think. I'm adding a link to my Myspace, i made the background and that was fun. hee. And this is a little poem I wrote tonight because I felt like writing but I don't think I'm gonna post on AU or anything. (Darren's latest untitled piece is SO brilliant. had to say that.) I’m just a kid I’m screaming silently and cannot find my voice I’m just a girl I wish you would shut up already I’m fifteen now You slap me and say I should know better I’m just a dumb kid You won’t let me hate you I’m such a stupid girl My eyes see so much more than yours I’m fifteen now There’s nothing left for me to learn from you |
