[ sometimes I can hold my tongue
sometimes not ]
|
[ sometimes I can hold my tongue sometimes not ]
I read: |
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of: friends and family (and where the lines blur) poetry the bay area dance (for life and always) eating constantly party time (excellent!) retail therapy olympic level procrastination wandering in libraries sleeping at odd hours emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved. "Progression"
As a
repeated chest pelting
supposition
early onset dementia
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Horizon line
Testament not old not new
Ampersand
Technology etching That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled" tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
"Chicken Chow Mein" Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
Archives
Text credits: Tori Amos Recent posts:
Monthly 411:
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
ALANIS CONCERT YESTERDAY!!I'm copying this over from Alanis Utopia. Okay, i've calmed down now. Wow...i want to recap while I still remember. I got there around 7, but i started wandering around the theatre because i got bored. My mom and I were sitting in row P, rear balcony, haha. We could see okay. Not great, but okay.They were playing video clips on this big screen of JLP live and FOS and the full versions of Unsent and So Pure (without audio though, they were playing Eminem and Coldplay and all these different songs i'd never heard before). I don't know when Jason went on, i assume around 8, he was actually really good. He talked about Alanis a lot, and said that his friend broke his arm when he was writing a love letter to Alanis, but now he gets the sympathy vote. And in the middle of You and I Both, he dedicated this huge letter A (they had letters on stage that spelled out Mraz) to her, and serenaded her, and said he'd be an actor too one day, and that she should "forget about the bling on her finger", and it was really funny and cute. He played about 7 songs. Then i got up and ran to the bathroom and waited in line forever, but once I sat back down it was still another 15 minutes. She came out in a sparkly pink dress type thing, it was long in the front but just a pink shirt in the back and pants underneath. her makeup was so pretty, and i loved how the stage was set up...it was all nice and home-like. AND the stuff on the screen was on this little TV they had on stage, i thought that was freakishly cool. Your House was so beauitful, people screamed through a lot of it though.The people there seemed to recoginze the JLP songs mostly. A Man and Forgiven were incredible. Boogs came out during Hand in my Pocket, and it was so cute! All I Really Want was fun (the girls sitting next to me and my mom were going crazy, they were fun.)I wasn't expecting TWIBG at all, she told the story about how she wrote it in her closet when she had friends over. Her voice on Mary Jane - perfection. Wake Up was really intense...you know when you can feel every nice, and it's just so...wow. My friend Cyndi described it as someone "assaulting your soul". YOK got a standing ovation, Thank U was so sweet, and Ironic was just one big happy sing and dance along! She told a few stories too, this is what i remember -Before Right Through You, she said when she was a little girl, around 8, she was really mad and wrote an angry letter to no one, which she left on her desk. Her mom found it and freaked out, so Alanis decided that she'd never be angry ever again, which lasted until she was 19 and she exploded. and she said Right Through You was one of the first songs she wrote during that time. (i'm pretty sure that's right...) Early on, she was talking about how this time of reflection was great, i have that part recorded but I can't make it out...screaming people. she did say something was "really hot" though, all paris hilton-like. it was so funny. The crowd was SO into it, they were screaming a lot and just going crazy. It was so fun. My mom and I recorded bits of each song between Your House and Forgiven on our cell phones, i have it in one 14 minute chunk that I can upload and post here. ;) Afterward, I went out to the stage door with a crowd of people, and we hung out for about an hour. The band people went over to the bus, but no one went over to talk to them! A few people would break away from the crowd and go talk to them, so eventually I went over with my mom and told them how great they were and got autographs and took pictures. I was SO nervous and i was just staring a lot, and my mom had to talk for me half the time. *wall* After what seemed like forever, we hung out by the bus and this woman came out and collected all the stuff for Alanis to sign and came back with it about 10 minutes later. I got the tourbook and my JLPA album signed, like i said before. I'll scan it later. So...that was my experience! MUCH better than last year, honestly! *thumb* |
