[ sometimes I can hold my tongue
sometimes not ]
|
[ sometimes I can hold my tongue sometimes not ]
I read: |
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of: friends and family (and where the lines blur) poetry the bay area dance (for life and always) eating constantly party time (excellent!) retail therapy olympic level procrastination wandering in libraries sleeping at odd hours emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved. "Progression"
As a
repeated chest pelting
supposition
early onset dementia
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Horizon line
Testament not old not new
Ampersand
Technology etching That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled" tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
"Chicken Chow Mein" Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
Archives
Text credits: Tori Amos Recent posts:
Monthly 411:
Friday, December 30, 2005
it's time once again...to answer Alanis Morissette's end of year questions! fucking sweet! and i'm gonna see if i can pull up the post from last year to see what I said, lolI just realized...last year I had my shit together, and now I so don't! HA. so let's go! A few questions for you, about 2005... --what were your favorite moments (they can ‘big’ or sweetly mundane) of 2005? The end of 9th grade, dance performances, hanging out with my new crazy dance production friends, good times with my sisters...Tori and Alanis concerts, Christmas this year with my family has been great....it's a hard question! god, Alanis. and meeting Tori and getting your autograph! ha. --favorite books, movies, articles, tv shows, live performances? Gossip Girl books, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, stupid chick lit, Closer, the Bridget Jones' movies, the same old TV I always watch (Hope and Faith, Alias, Desperate Housewives, Kitchen Confedential for those weeks, ha, reruns of SATC, Friends, Will and Grace, etc), Rent, SEEING ALANIS AND TORI LIVE! --what are you the most proud of in this last year? I'm still making it! lol day to day is rough, and i'm making it! --what do you forgive yourself for? Not having a boyfriend. Thinking i'm too fat when i'm not. Pressing on when i shouldn't have, not pressing on when I should have. --what are you deeply grateful for? Friends and family, totally, they keep me sane. God. the celebrities that seem closer than they should...and meeting Tori. and that no one's really died this year or anything, they're with us. --what are the biggest differences for you between last December to this one? (example: are you in a different place geographically, spiritually, emotionally, physically, do you feel better, worse, do you feel more experienced at something?) I've kinda felt like i'm still getting jaded, so i purposely regress a bit and act childish just to keep that enthusiasm, otherwise life would be SO boring. I look older physically, i think i'm really growing into adolescence, if that makes sense. I'm seeing God in everyday things. And i know what I can handle, even though the future is intimidating sometimes. --did you have enough fun this year? Honestly, no. The end of the year is when i started letting go a bit more. I had lots of fun, but not enough! lol --did you say no often enough? I think so, yeah. --did you say yes often enough? I don't know, maybe not. lol I offer these questions to you and any that you come up with yourself as a way to find as much clarity as you can as you reflect on this last year... I find clarity leads to a great sense of peace and empowerment for me. And when I just take a few minutes to reflect and throw some personal goals out about the future, I get very inspired... A few questions about 2006... --what excites you the most about this coming year? I'm gonna be 16! and getting out of 10th grade! rawk! --what new thing will you try (big or small) that you’ve never tried before? ...hmm...that's a good one. i'll think about it. --what new commitments can you make to yourself? This is gonna be the year I stop being scared and have more fun, man! I hear junior year sucks, so i'm gonna do everything I can! lol --what would this year have to include for it to end, in December 2006, on a fulfilled, happy note? Good relationships with friend and family, to not be failing anything in school, having more fun plans! --what do you see yourself benefiting from doing more of... less of? I need to keep my friendships good, and not slack off so much, or be scared to do things for fear of getting in trouble! fuck that! lol --any visions for this coming year for your expression or evolution? Dancing and writing...and like I said last year, just sharing it more. And really not being scared of that like I am now. and this might be the year for the relationship! --anything that scares you that you know you’re going to do? see the dancing and writing thing above. and junior year, eegh. --any new thing you can put into place that will support you better? New resources, friends, support system? See the relationship above! and i'd love to meet some older fabulous people and/or feminists that can be like mentors, almost? It'd be really cool. Especially if they had their own place. or a car. --anything you’d like to do less of, or stop doing altogether (that you won’t beat yourself up for it you don’t)? Laying around being lazy! i'm gonna DO this year! so...yeah! i'm out for now! *muah!* Labels: alanis morissette, new year |
