[ sometimes I can hold my tongue
sometimes not ]
|
[ sometimes I can hold my tongue sometimes not ]
I read: |
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of: friends and family (and where the lines blur) poetry the bay area dance (for life and always) eating constantly party time (excellent!) retail therapy olympic level procrastination wandering in libraries sleeping at odd hours emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved. "Progression"
As a
repeated chest pelting
supposition
early onset dementia
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Horizon line
Testament not old not new
Ampersand
Technology etching That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled" tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
"Chicken Chow Mein" Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
Archives
Text credits: Tori Amos Recent posts:
Monthly 411:
Saturday, December 22, 2007
as i was sitting on the floor hand making holiday cards, that alanis song "everything" came on, which i was never super fond of and it just clicked. you know when that happens? it's total magic. "Everything" I can be an asshole of the grandest kind I can withhold like it's going out of style I can be the moodiest baby And you've never met anyone who's as negative as I am sometimes I am the wisest woman you've ever met I'm the kindest soul with whom you've connected I have the bravest heart that you've ever seen And you've never met anyone who's as positive as I am sometimes You see everything, you see every part You see all my light and you love my dark You dig everything of which I'm ashamed There's not anything to which you can't relate And you're still here I blame everyone else, not my own partaking My passive-aggressiveness can be devastating I'm terrified and mistrusting And you've never met anyone who's as closed down as I am sometimes You see everything, you see every part You see all my light and you love my dark You dig everything of which I'm ashamed There's not anything to which you can't relate And you're still here What I resist, persists, and speaks louder than I know What I resist, you love, no matter how low or high I go I am the funniest woman that you've ever known I am the dullest woman that you've ever known I am the most gorgeous woman that you've ever known And you've never met anyone as everything as I am sometimes You see everything, you see every part You see all my light and you love my dark You dig everything of which I'm ashamed There's not anything to which you can't relate And you're still here And you're still here And you're still here http://youtube.com/watch?v=Oao58LsKn64 In other news, I have an open letter to Jenny Lewis. Dear Jenny Lewis, I love you. I love Rilo Kiley. I love Under The Blacklight. I love the song "Dejalo". Please never speak spanish again, gringo. white girl. It makes me laugh. A lot. Sincerely, A concerned fan |
