[ sometimes I can hold my tongue
sometimes not ]
|
[ sometimes I can hold my tongue sometimes not ]
I read: |
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of: friends and family (and where the lines blur) poetry the bay area dance (for life and always) eating constantly party time (excellent!) retail therapy olympic level procrastination wandering in libraries sleeping at odd hours emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved. "Progression"
As a
repeated chest pelting
supposition
early onset dementia
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Horizon line
Testament not old not new
Ampersand
Technology etching That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled" tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
"Chicken Chow Mein" Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
Archives
Text credits: Tori Amos Recent posts:
Monthly 411:
Friday, December 14, 2007
i'm home sick. i'm watching prime. wrapped all my christmas presents. and i'm into mills! HELL YEAH!um...dance show is coming up way faster than expected, and that's not cute. i want a glass of water. so, i'm gonna pretend like i'm a super cool hipster chick with enough webhosting space to have an mp3 blog, and compile my very own top ten list for music of 2007! 10. Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City They've calmed down a bit since Silent Alarm, but I do like this album. It took me a while, and I don't have every song memorized or anything, but they put on a great live show in March and I love them for it. 9. Air - Pocket Symphony Gorgeous album, all the way though. "Once Upon a Time" and "Napalm Love" are high points. And I'm using "Space Maker" for my solo in January show! 8. Bar For Lashes - Fur and Gold Totally unlike anything I've ever heard that I actually liked. Amazing vocals, interesting instrumentation, and haunting songs that get stuck in your head. Some of them do sound similar, but that's not always a bad thing. 7. Feist - The Reminder I have to admit, I spent more time this year listening to Let It Die than this album, but it's still pretty damn amazing. I adore "Limit to your Love" and all of the songs included on commercials (which is what, half the album?) The "1234" video gets extra special style/dance points, and she puts on another fun live show. 6. Amy Winehouse - Back To Black Soul, soul soul. "Back to Black" is one of the great songs of the year period, the album makes you want to crawl underneath a table at a jazz club and drift off to sleep. Jesus, I hope she puts the pipe down and doesn't kill herself, she's too talented for that. 5. Joss Stone - Introducing Joss Stone I didn't really click with this album until recently, and realized how strong it was all the way through. Superb vocals ("Arms of my Baby") and beautiful arrangements ("What Were We Thinking"). And she's gorgeous. Hello. 4. The Bird and the Bee - The Bird and the Bee I downloaded "Fucking Boyfriend" from Fluxblog months ago because I like songs with the word fuck in the title (ex. "Fuck The Pain Away", "Fuck Off Is Not The Only Thing You Have To Show", etc.), and fell in love. I liked it from the first listen, which is rare. Some of the songs do sound similar, but there is still a wide range of sound . 3. Rilo Kiley - Under the Blacklight THE CASE IS PURPLE! It's SO COOL! Besides the style points, this is a really enjoyable, pleasant, rockin' album. Background music for any occasion! The intro to the title track is probably one of my favorite things ever. 2. Tegan and Sara - The Con It took me a while to get this CD because I didn't have any money and it wasn't on torrent portal/torrent box. I'm so glad I waited; it's beautiful. A tad more chill than So Jealous, but it works. "The Con" is one of my favorite songs of the year. It's been on my myspace for probably a month, which is crazy for me. (I'm really ADD about my myspace song.) 1. Tori Amos - American Doll Posse Okay, I'm biased. I'm a member of the infamous toriphile cult. Nevertheless, this was SO much better than The Beekeeper; I was so thrilled. It may be three or four songs too long ("Mr. Bad Man"/"Programmable Soda"/"Roosterspur Bridge"), and "Secret Spell" should have never been written, but that's my opinion. There's something for everyone, and it seems like that worked out. Too bad the wigs had to come along to stay, but what are you gonna do? We got "Code Red", "Smokey Joe", "Dragon", "Body and Soul", AND "Teenage Hustling"! "Big Wheel" has been her best single since 2002! Therefore, it is all good in the Tori Amos lovin' hood. Honorable mention: KT Tunstall - Drastic Fantastic i completely forgot about it, which is why it didn't make the list. But "Hold On" IS THE JAM SONG. and is STILL THE JAM SONG. It just isn't super memorable to me yet. And there we go! |
