Layout by pinpoint.
The layout name is Minimalist.
(C) All rights reserved.
twisted insights 5.0
Break the terror break the terror break the terror of the urban spell
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of:
friends and family (and where the lines blur)
poetry
the bay area
dance (for life and always)
eating constantly
party time (excellent!)
retail therapy
olympic level procrastination
wandering in libraries
sleeping at odd hours
emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry
Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved.
"Progression"
As a
transcendent
As a
free for all
repeated chest pelting
supposition
As
calendar wrangling
early onset dementia
As a
numbed cataclysm
As a
extended liaison
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Lanyard kin
Horizon line
as an
Ego rumination
Testament not old not new
as a
Memory likeness
as a
Carbon copier
Ampersand
Technology etching
as an
Intelligent design
as
Clarity.
That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled"
sounds smash into her silence white noise darkening recycled thoughts she wears earplugs to silence
the silence a familiar battle turned stalemate whispered pleas uttered into blackness horizontally NEVER kneeling God doesn’t forgive her for that. Refrigerator motors thunder alongside barbeque sauce limes chocolate syrup trickling down flowing
brain waves pooling mattress side dampening the balls of her feet come
morning thoughts continue as she sits She sets the radio timer a cradle of melodies hold her
tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
to create an other outside inside
an-other pane deflects these messages transformed
into the barrier splitting the seats between us i’d
sought a tin can string turned
makeshift noose imperfections accepted this time
eyes turned to pathways of fingerprints blurred
against a window melting dna yours and mine
stop pretending in this table turned court. being the judge
isn’t easy. stop glancing street side and try. opening up
my mouth was easy. you drop this a grudge
or fling accusatory stock sentences. this cup
half thirds quarters this isn’t full
order another. larger. a jarful.
"Chicken Chow Mein"
Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
coherence ]
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Entirely overrated. Minimally useful.
Often repulsive.
Sugar free Red Bull.
Merely something to hold.
Something to cap, cover, close
Off.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
My fortune: A person is never to old to leNoproblem leaves you where you found it.arn.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
to shatter that which has already collided.
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Work ain't honest but it pays the bills What we gonna do when they come for you? Gave me the life that I came to live
Do I really want my baby? Brother tell me what to do I know you got to get your hustle on So I pray I understand the game, sometimes And I love you strong but
What you gonna do when they come for you? Work ain't honest but it pays the bills What we gonna do when they come for you? God I can't stand life without ya
Now, me and baby got this situation See brotha got this complex occupation And it ain't that he don't have education Cos I was right there at his graduation
Now, I ain't sayin that this life don't work But it's me and baby that he hurts Cos I tell him right He thinks I'm wrong But I love him strong
He gave me the life that I came to live Gave me the song that I came to give Pressure on me But the seed had grown I can't make it on my own Summer came around and the flowers bloomed He became the sun I became the moon Precious gifts that we both received Or could this be make believe
Whatcha gonna do when they come for you? Work ain't honest but it pays the bills What we gonna do when they come for you? Gave me the life that I came to live
Don't I know there's confusion God's gonna see us through Peace out to revolution But we paid though
Don't you worry, I know there's confusion The work ain't honest but it pays the bills Don't you worry... Gave me the life that I came to live Don't you worry... The work ain't honest but it pays the bills Don't you worry...