[ sometimes I can hold my tongue
sometimes not ]
|
[ sometimes I can hold my tongue sometimes not ]
I read: |
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of: friends and family (and where the lines blur) poetry the bay area dance (for life and always) eating constantly party time (excellent!) retail therapy olympic level procrastination wandering in libraries sleeping at odd hours emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved. "Progression"
As a
repeated chest pelting
supposition
early onset dementia
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Horizon line
Testament not old not new
Ampersand
Technology etching That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled" tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
"Chicken Chow Mein" Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
Archives
Text credits: Tori Amos Recent posts:
Monthly 411:
Friday, April 01, 2005
God...it's been forever, huh?and now, for current events! *do do do beep beep do do * yeah. some current event music. Terri Schiavo died....it was so heartbreaking. I've got a flower in my MSN screename honoring here...*cries* The Pope may die in the next few hours...I'm not even catholic, but it's sad! i really liked him! *cries more* ....yeah. have i been on here since Paula was let off easy for the hit and run charges? about $1000 in fines and 700 ish for repairs. She's good! and she made out with simon but i can't find the episode and i hate myself! on SATC...Carrie got high! and she and Sam almost got thier asses kicked...cause Berger broke up with her on a post it! POST IT! asshole. grr. Alias - best ep in a LONG while. Marshall saved the day (and Syd from being in a hole in the ground with a DEAD guy. EWW. and she had this cute conversation with Vaughn about dancing, and then they danced in a bus station! AWW...best scene between them since "Double Agent", season two..."God Put a Smile Upon Your Face"...you know what i'm talking about. ; ) And as for me...SPRING BREAK!!! It's been fun, staying up late and going shopping at the SF shopping center with Alison and Anna tuesday (i got some strawberry cheesecake ice cream...that stuff is like strawberry CRACKcake ice cream, man. made me crazy hyper for hours!) And i got the cutest tube tope from Wet Seal...i'm probably gonna wear it to our party! then on wednesday, i hung out with Anna once her friends ditched her. We went to Longs and Starbucks, then hung out in her hot tub for a while. we just chilled and had dinner and did some face masks...fun fun. I'm going to this AWESOME shopping center near stanford this Saturday so we can see Taylor's godmother Julianna (i don't know hot to spell it honestly, i haven't seen her in years). So...that'll be fun. oh yeah! Tori's tour starts today and i'm not going! haha Alanis was on Cribs yesterday too! god...that was great. she has a great house. And she really is funny. Cause she showed her kitchen, and there's all these boxes of Mac and Cheese, and she's all "this is the extent of my cooking ability...", and she doesn't drink beer but keeps it for her friends, but wishes she could "because you look so cool holding it" *does drunken beer holder imatation". and she has a teddy bear on her bed! and a nice deck, but it the sun wasn't out. "grey is pretty hot too". And a really nice bathroom...steam room in the shower and everything. "I squeegeed it today - though i rarely do". It was just really cute. okay... gonna post a poem i wrote last night and then going for real. It's called I Can't Take It Back I can’t do this anymore I have come to the end of a long road now And there isn’t a day that goes by when I don’t think of you (An hour is hard to get through.) I try so hard to be strong I put on a smile every day and face the world My friends really understand how torn up I am inside And they let me cry to sleep on their shoulders (I don’t know what I’d do without them.) One day at a time, the pain lessens But the sting never goes away And it hurts more than anything I’ve ever known (A broken heart is truly as bad as they say.) The only thing worse than having you Is to feel your touch and have it ripped away And I know it’s for real this time I’m never going to run my hands through your hair again (You said you always loved that. Then again, you said you’d always love me. ) I would give up anything for one more day in your arms Another hour to stare at the sky, to wander in my front yard barefoot (You always picked me up and carried me over the rocks in the garden.) I would give up anything To have you back with me again (I gave you a piece of my heart. I’m not complete anymore. I can’t take it back.) |
