[ sometimes I can hold my tongue
sometimes not ]
|
[ sometimes I can hold my tongue sometimes not ]
I read: |
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of: friends and family (and where the lines blur) poetry the bay area dance (for life and always) eating constantly party time (excellent!) retail therapy olympic level procrastination wandering in libraries sleeping at odd hours emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved. "Progression"
As a
repeated chest pelting
supposition
early onset dementia
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Horizon line
Testament not old not new
Ampersand
Technology etching That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled" tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
"Chicken Chow Mein" Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
Archives
Text credits: Tori Amos Recent posts:
Monthly 411:
Wednesday, December 22, 2004
wow....long time since i've recapped, huh?
It's been ages since Sharing the Spririt, but if i didn't mention it, it went really well and we all had fun and looked somewhat like we knew what we were doing. We got through the end of school! VACATION! That Friday, Anna and I met and we hung out in various places around the Plaza until we met...Alison! the sistahs reunite! we got our nails done (mine are greenish/brown/gold, anna's are pink, and alison got a french). We went over to Starbucks, and hung out there for an hour and a half (they're sweet there. we talked to the people eating, and this one lady who's there a lot. i've seen her there about 4 times now. she's real short and some minority, with greyish hair, she's sweet.) Then Alison had to go, and Anna and I went to ross, and finally met mom and she went home. next day...SNOW BALL! It was SO fun, being a princess and hanging out with Victor was fun. We ate and sat at the table and eventually went out on the dance floor. it was SO pretty, with lights and draperies and blue walls with silver streamers everywhere, and blue lights and huge video screens...uber uber uber cool!! We got through the ceremony pretty well, there was a little mix-up on the stage, but it wasn't too bad. no one fell or anything. This girl, Rachel won. everyone kinda knew she had won though, she had this great personality and confidence and eternal perkiness quality. haha on monday, alison and anna and i went shopping again, it was FREEZING! it was really fun, though. I got some stuff for myself, including this CUTE shirt from Vicki's Hidden Secrets (haha), that says Dream a Little Dream, which is almost a quote from a Tori song, Caught a Lite Sneeze! woot woot! And today...we went shopping and didn't really get anything, so i'm just hanging (even though it's late, haha). I just wanted to close with the letter from Carrie to Aidan on SATC, during season 4, from the Television without Pity recap. i paused it on the TV, but thank god she typed it. how cute is the last line? god, this goes on my "really deep thoughts" wall. toodles all! “Another big problem: I’m surrounded by memories of you, in my apartment, on the street, that little Moroccan restaurant we ran into when it started pouring rain on us and you kissed me over the couscous. (Rookie tactical mistake not to have a memory-free environment. Why did we have to go so many places?) Anyhow, I’m not holding out hope that you’re going to change your mind about us. You probably have a new girlfriend now, or several new girlfriends, and I missed my window and I’ll just have to live with that. I’m sure you feel like you can’t trust me with your heart. But please know that I never meant to hurt you, and I would never do it again, because I know now (too little too late, or better late than never?) that what we had was real and rare and special, and the way it felt to kiss you is the way I always want to feel. I hope you write me back, but if you don’t, I understand. Just know that I’m thinking about you and I miss you, and I’m still sleeping on your shoulder when I close my eyes at night. -- Carrie.” |
