[ sometimes I can hold my tongue
sometimes not ]
|
[ sometimes I can hold my tongue sometimes not ]
I read: |
college student. (english literature, dance, education)
quite fond of: friends and family (and where the lines blur) poetry the bay area dance (for life and always) eating constantly party time (excellent!) retail therapy olympic level procrastination wandering in libraries sleeping at odd hours emotional masochism Youtube Last.fm
Poetry Excerpts from "Sound Off" chapbook. Poetry Workshop I, Mills College, August-November 2009. Copyright 2009, all rights reserved. "Progression"
As a
repeated chest pelting
supposition
early onset dementia
bewildered iris
mission statement
as
Horizon line
Testament not old not new
Ampersand
Technology etching That’s enough for today.
"unscheduled" tight
"strangers"
this glass was blown and cut and formed
"Chicken Chow Mein" Nothing is delivered without cost.
[ cohesion and concreteness
Ideals are minimal. Intangible. Disintegrating.
Your fortune: Only you can change your life. No one can do it for you.
It is quite the reasonable goal,
Archives
Text credits: Tori Amos Recent posts:
Monthly 411:
Sunday, August 03, 2008
So, I'm attempting to stretch sore muscles while continuing on the epic Ipod reconstruction journey. (WARNING, don't buy Ipod docks off Ebay unless you know what you're doing; i had to reconstruct my music library. Tis a bitch.)Am miraculously heading off to church tomorrow, considering how many weeks i've missed due to exhausting parties the night before (for it is the summer of hookups, cocktails, and indie rock mashups, after all)/other family members not going. You do what you can. I can't believe I went through all the work of setting up a new layout and then proceeded to not blog a single entry. For shame, for shame. I'm seriously attempting to throw some productivity into these last few weeks (20 days and counting until orientation). I've got a couple books to read, dance classes to hopefully take (Shawl Anderson, ODC Dance Commons and San Francisco Dance Center, in Jazz, Contemporary and Ballet, respectively. Danielle came back to town for the weekend and went to City Ballet School's intermediate/advanced class, which proceeded to kick my slacker ass. See aforementioned sore muscles.) Just got the "i just had a fabulous date and want to spill the details" call from one of the girls. I think these calls are fantastic and are crucial for vicariously living through their exploits. I don't even know what I'm going to do without my friends next year. I know i'll make amazing new ones, but...gah. We've been through so much. I just spent a while facebook chatting one of my future hallmates who had the pleasure of meeting last week, and I mentioned how much it sucks when you fall out of touch with your friends, and she seemed shocked that I could do such a thing. I've been thinking about the phases of growing apart from someone you love, does it make you love them any less when you'd rather hang out with someone else? (Especially if lightweight shit talking with takes place)? It's tricky, and it's hard to deal with, when I value them all so much, but honestly, i'm not sure whether i should be beating myself up about it (making me a better person) or whether i should let things take the course they're going to (therefore, am I not doing enough?) I feel like my life is going to be so drastically different a year from today. I'm sure of it. I'm totally ready for it, but there are fleeting moments of sheer panic. Honestly, I was so ready to be done with (almost) everything from where I've come from, and it's time. |
