I posted this on Alanis Utopia a minute ago, i just thought that it related about how i feel about her a lot.
and that "fave artist of mine", ya, its Paula. what did y'all think? lol
This is the actual link, if any of you like alanis or want to have a say.
http://www.alanisutopia.com/yabbse/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=45378;start=0#lastPost
"I was actually discussing this with my mother the other day (she just listned, but didn't know what I was really talking about, but its okay, but no actual opinoin from her, how boring.)
I have been listening to JLP over the last couple days, and realized how reallly emotional each song can be, I can actually get tired or drawn out if im already not so strong that day (like today, listened to 2 verses of Forgiven and broke down completely).
With SFIJ, I adore the CD, but I don't think every single song is fantastic, but majority I do like. Some of the ones I thought were awesome were Can't Not, Baba, So Pure (not sure why), Unsent and Would Not Come, especially Can't Not and Baba though. I lost the cd, not sure how, but I need to buy another cpoy.
I agree with what was said earlier about if one cd is such a sucess and the second sells many, but not as much, is is considered a flop, its the same thing with another one of my favorite artists, her first was a hit after a while, her second wasn't as many, but she went on tour, and the third everyone concluded a flop, but awesome CD.
Then again, different songs mean different things for people with different life experiences and such (I don't have much, I was 5 when JLP came out, ;D ), so a lot of it can be musically inspiring towards the future, depending on who you are.
If none of this makes any sense, I don't blame y'all. "