i just got a taste of adult life.
Almost 1 in the morning, still cleaning. Tables, floors, and I still have a sink full of dishes.
I can't do it now, I'll be up till 3 in the morning.
Like my mom always is. She's lying moaning in pain on the couch, still watching soaps.
And I'm here.
Still putting on a happy voice and a smile to try and brighten her day.
She says im the bestest daughter in the whole wide world.
My dad's been asleep.
My sister's been asleep.
My grandma, after calling my mom to tell her more stuff to do at her house tommorow, has been asleep.
I'm still here.
I have tommorow facing me with a huge project, and the 6 dance recitals I'll be doing in the next 2 months.
Nothing.
It's nothing.
Nothing compared with what she's doing.
Trying to do.
I'll be running myself ragged, but its nothing.
She runs herself ragged, I'm taking her place to help.
Am I really taking my mother's place?
I don't want my life to be this.
I have a dream.
Is it really that selfish?
I have to keep this happy face on for tommorow.
For the next day.
And the next.
And the next.
I love ya mom, I'm doing this for you.